Pages

Welcome!

Hi, I'm Erin. And this is my blog. My "I really can't believe I'm doing this, but I've felt for quite a while that I should" blog.

First, let me tell you a little about me...in no particular order.


I'm a kindergarten teacher. I'm a runner. I'm a single Mormon in my mid-thirties.

I'm quite passionate about office supplies. I enjoy cooking and baking.

I use my Blendtec more than I wash my hair. The invention of dry shampoo is better than the invention of sliced bread in my book.

I think differences allow us to grow more than sameness.

I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me that is far greater than one I had/have for myself.  It is this knowledge that allows me to find joy in my life on a daily basis.

Welcome to my blog!

First, my goal is that this blog becomes a happy, uplifting space on the internet for you.  That the posts I write regarding things that bring me joy, in turn, help you find joy in your life. That you can find joy even when your life isn't quite the life you had planned (because who actually has that life!?)

Second, like I said, I am a Mormon. As I've thought long and hard about the big things that bring me joy as well as the small things, what I've found in all of them is my testimony of a loving Heavenly Father.  My religious beliefs will often be found interwoven into my blog, not as a way to force my beliefs upon you, but as a way to explain me and my thoughts or beliefs on certain subjects.

Lastly, I hope you will enjoy my potpourri of post subjects.  When I first thought of starting a blog I wanted it to a blog about how singles can be happy.  But the more and more I thought about writing a whole blog about my experience being single the more I realized that it would be miserable. Because, you see,  in my opinion, my marital status is only one of my attributes.  There are so many other attributes that describe me.  I firmly believe that when we are able to look past the obvious attributes of someone we will find more similarities than differences. So, if I wanted my blog to portray the joy I find in my life it needed to cover my whole life, not just one part.

But enough about me...

No comments:

Post a Comment